What's Good About 87?

In this particular case it's the year that still stands supreme in my life. Supreme only because of the Little Rock Central class of 1987. Lets start with the HO's. HO's...wow, you guys said it stood for "helping others".  The principle even sanctioned your group. The Elites, which also became sanctioned by the principle. Lastly the girl group, Sisters Who Care. Talent shows, slops on top, games, dances, and house parties. The senior skip room, Valentine carnations, car washes, 3 way phone calls, feathers, shags, oh and lets not leave out the jerry curls. So much more... Oh yes, shout out to Q-T's and the Campus Inn.

 Mainly I love all the friendships that were created by mostly three junior high schools that included some fantastic personalities. The special thing about us was/is that these three junior high groups knew each other so well. By the time we all got to Little Rock Central High for the most part we became a great melting pot. I never thought about the Little Rock Nine as they are now known (when I attended LRCH). However now looking back I can honestly say my experience at Little Rock Central was so different from what they had to endure. Everyday wasn't peaches and cream but everyday for me was safe. There was safety in knowing I had all the (class of 1987)  kids to relate too. There was freedom and confidence in knowing I could walk in any direction and see so many people that I knew.

Well 30 years have come and gone. We graduated 30 years after the Little Rock Nine integrated the school.  Thank you, Little Rock Nine for paving the way for us to thoroughly enjoy our Little Rock Central High school experience.

At the mention of "87" smiles all around...proud Tigers. The black & gold.
trishsmith87
https://www.pinterest.com/trussell2000biggmailcom/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty Comes Through

Merry Christmas Beautiful Beauty