For Breast Cancer Month


Understanding why bad things happen: I cannot make since of it but Isaiah 55:8-9 NLT says, “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” This scripture is most helpful in my letting go process.

After seeing my primary care physician twice…and after him referring me to other doctors for test…and them finding nothing, I was fed up. I consented to the fact that I was going to have to continue to live with pain. It was only the grace of GOD that gave me the thought, “I’ll go to this one last doctor. After all…I still need to keep my annual appointment”. Through this routine yearly appointment my OBGYN found what all the other doctors missed. Still I didn’t think anything when she said, “we’ve made you an appointment to have a mammogram, the day after tomorrow. I want to check on a little hard tissue”. Cancer was found on the second mammogram that I’ve ever taken.

I was told that there are 16 different types of breast cancer and that each one is as unique as a finger print. The type of cancer that I had was a triple negative aggressive breast cancer.

How can we be healed? How can we be made whole?

Isaiah 53:4 NLT says, “Yet it was our weakness he carried: it was our sorrows that weighed him down.”

Isaiah 53: 5 NLT says, “But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed”

GOD had already taught me and tested me to trust HIM. In trusting GOD I learned not to trust what I see. I learned not to even think about things that were not going well. I learned to just say, “GOD I trust you”.  In that time in my life I was taking baby steps to the very moment in my life that would let me know the rubber has met the road. What would I do now? I remembered the picture and poem about Footprints. I remembered not so much the story but the picture came to me. I realized that somewhere before the sight of one set of footprints, (somewhere in time) the person probably made up their mind to walk with GOD. I was pleased with myself because I could see myself in the picture now being carried by JESUS. I understood that years ago by trusting GOD I had begun to have faith and that now faith was simply me remembering that I am walking with GOD. Even if I want instant healing. Even if there is long suffering.  Even if whatever… I was walking with GOD. So no matter what… I held that picture of me walking with JESUS in my mind. HIS glory was with me. Not that I’m special but because I accepted HIS son JESUS as my Lord and Savior, GOD’s glory was with me.  HIS glory…HIS glory was and is HIS heaviness of good things not bad things. Exodus 24:16 NLT says, “And the glory of the Lord settled down on Mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it for six days. On the seventh day the Lord called to Moses from inside the cloud.” What?!!!! How awesome is that? Do I understand that? Nope, but I believe it.

Since I was walking with the Lord my job was to believe that JESUS already healed me. I had to still be thankful for every breath. That was my job in the matter. I had to remember that I was victorious because JESUS defeated death on the cross. At times it was a minute to minute process. At no time was it easy, to hold on. Sometimes I was in limbo but I said, out loud, “I will not let go”.

I encourage us to hold on to GOD and remember we have already chosen to walk with HIM. Be encouraged, take monthly self-exams, of not only our breast, but all parts of our body. Especially our mind. Follow up as needed. Take care of yourselves.

trishsmith87
https://www.pinterest.com/trussell2000biggmailcom/

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty Comes Through

What's Good About 87?

Merry Christmas Beautiful Beauty