How to Let go of Fear



There was so much going on in my mind when the surgeon took my mother and I to his huge private office. Only two days after the lumpectomy. Still nauseous from anesthesia, dyes, contrast, and all the movement that was necessary to determine the type, stage, and grade of the cancer.  I sat, not knowing what to think when I heard the doctor say "the cancer you have is very aggressive". "It's important that you don't stress about anything" he said. Surely there was a fear that came over me, that was justified when I looked into his eyes, and saw the seriousness. I wanted to ask him. Am I going to die? But true to who I have become, I thought not. I'll just wait and see. That was a question that would be answered without me saying a word. So I held the fear at bay. I held the fear out of fear. Fear that my fear would make me stress. The man just said, "don't stress". I began to draw everything about GOD that I could remember ever hearing, reading, and learning. My heart raced. My mind floated away. However I sat there. Still... eyes wide open, listening to the doctor's every word. It came to me that was my job in that moment. Simply listen.
 Be Still... Being still was my first way to bring light into the dark place fear was setting up camp. That's when it came to me that GOD would not give me a spirit of fear.
TrishSmith87

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty Comes Through

What's Good About 87?

Merry Christmas Beautiful Beauty